- Never respond to any email that requires you to confirm, upgrade, renew or validate
your account details or card details, even if it appears to have come from your
- Do not share your Login Password & OTP (online transaction password), with anyone
for secure internet banking.
- Register for email alerts and mobile alerts, from your Bank to get to know well,
about transactions or any changes happening in bank your account.
- Never reveal your Internet Banking passwords with others, even friends or family
members. Do not reveal them to anybody, not even to Bank employee or internet cafe.
- Change your password frequently; make your password strong by using the set of numbers
and symbols when creating your password.
- Always remember to log out, once you have completed an online session.
- Avoid financial transactions from cybercafé or shared computer, to avoid the fraud.
- Never leave the PC unattended when using Internet banking in a public place like
your institution labs, cyber café etc.
- If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure
website, you should disable the “Auto Complete” function to increase the security
of your information.
- Follow the instructions to disable the “Auto Complete” function:
A) Open Internet Explorer
and click "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "Content". Under "Auto Complete",
B) Uncheck "User names
and passwords on forms" and click "Clear Passwords". Click "OK".