Office Order - Anti ragging Committee | PDF | 3.2 MB
Sub : SATI – Steps for Curbing the menace of ragging – Reg.
- All the students are informed to follow the Campus Rules and code of conduct for students hosted in the college website.
- Ragging is totally prohibited in the campus. If any student is found indulge in ragging, severe action will be taken against the student.
- Based on the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India ‘s Direction, the UGC has issued Regulations and Guide lines. Some of the guidelines are as under:
- The UGC Regulations on “What Constitutes Ragging” is given in Annexure –I.
- The UGC Guidelines on the award of punishment to those found guilty are also given in the Annexure-II.
- As per the Campus Rules and Code of Conduct for students the Minor and Major Penalty that may be imposed on the student has also been given in the Annexure-III for information of the students.
- As per the guidelines the college should obtain undertaking from the students as well as from parents, that the students will not indulge in any form of ragging. Format of the undertaking is attached in annexure IV & V.
- All the students should submit the undertaking signed by them as well as their parents to the concerned HOD.
- The Anti-ragging squads for the college and the hostels will make round the clock surprise visits.
- All the Senior students are once again instructed not to indulge in any form of ragging. Collection of money forcefully from the freshers will also be considered as a form of ragging.In case of any trace of ragging by the students, severe punishment will be imposed.
- In this connection all Heads of Departments are instructed to bring the above Rules and regulations to the notice of senior students for prevention and prohibition of ragging in this college. The circular and the annexure are to be displayed in the Departmental Notice Board for reference of the students. A copy of the circular along with annexure I to V may be issued to each student.