To impart knowledge of mathematics and computer sciences that serve to groom the academic potential of student and abreast with recent technological developments.
- To develop an ability towards critical questioning.
- To enhance logical attitude and aptitude ability.
- To nurture the computational aptitude on a global platform.
B. Tech programme in Mathematics and Computing offers the opportunity to combine an appreciation of mathematical thinking with an knowledge of computing. Mathematics is a fundamental intellectual tool in computing, but computing is increasingly used as a key component in mathematical problem-solving. The course concentrates on areas where mathematics and computing are most relevant to each other, emphasizing the bridges between theory and practice. It offers opportunities for potential computer scientists to develop a deeper understanding of the mathematical foundations of their subject.
- A firm foundation in mathematics, particularly in pure and applied mathematics.
- Strong knowledge of statistics.
- All the essentials of computer science with an emphasis on data handling as well as more theoretical topics.